Romans 12:1-2, The Message
"So here's what I want you to do, God helping you. Take your everyday, ordinary life - your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life - and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You'll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you , always dragging you down to its level of immaturity,God brings out the best of you, develops well-formed maturity in you.
To do list for 2006 - based on Romans 12
- "Once and for all" trust God with everything.
- Let God make my "ordinary life," extraordinary.
- Do not be conformed to culture; instead "form" the culture
- Remember always that "life" reduces me, God "grows" me
- Seek God. Hear God. Trust God. Act quickly.